THERE ARE NO CHANGES TO CATEGORIES OR RULES FOR FESTIVAL 2018.
NEW: All previously e-mailed announcements can be located at the Communication page.
NEW: Additional information added to explain the scoring process on the Evaluation & Scoring page.
NEW: A page to view Rankings from the last Festival.
The changes below were new for Festival 2017.
The schedule of events on Friday has changed to:
Check-in: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
Opening Ceremonies: 12:45 pm – 1:15 pm
Round 1 Competition: 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
2. Canopies will be allowed in the quad prior to Opening Ceremonies but must be lowered during the ceremony.
3. A teacher is no longer required to accompany students at Tech Olympics orientation/sign ups.
4. Student registration is $35.00 per student. School registration is $150.00.
5. If possible and time allows, changes requested the day of Festival MAY be accommodated but are not promised.
Please see Rhonda St. Romain in the Theatre Arts office between 12:30pm and 2pm on Friday to make a request for a change. CHANGES ARE NOT GUARANTEED AND ARE ACCEPTED AT THE DISCRETION OF FESTIVAL STAFF.
Please do everything possible to minimize requests for changes.
- Be sure your students do not have other plans that conflict with competition (SAT’s, Doctor appointments, etc.).
- Help your students prepare the piece registered so title changes are not needed.
- Proof your registration carefully to be sure every student is included and titles are correct.
If a change cannot be accommodated, students may perform for Evaluation only and receive feedback from the judges, but they will not be ranked for competition.