This Code of Conduct must be read to your students in advance of attending the Festival and signed by you, stating that you have read it to your students. You are responsible for the behavior of your students. Please turn in your signed Code of Conduct when you check in at the Festival. (It is not necessary for each student to sign a Code of Conduct.)
High School Theatre Festival Code of Conduct
Violations of the Code of Conduct may result in the disqualification, and or expulsion of the student and school from participation in the current festival and future festivals.
- All participants are expected to behave in a way consistent with the spirit of the Festival actively supporting a positive experience for everyone.
- Attending the Fullerton College High School Theatre Festival is a privilege. You are representing your theatre department, school and district.
- Students must remain in approved and supervised areas at all times. Students are not allowed to leave the campus without permission of their instructor.
- Any illegal activity, including but not limited to, the possession or use of any un-prescribed drugs, alcohol, or tobacco is not permitted.
- Cell phone use during rounds and ceremonies is not permitted.
- For copyright reasons, the recording or photography of any performance is strictly prohibited.
- Food or beverages (except bottled water) are not permitted in any performance or workshop venue.
- The proper theatre audience response is applause, laughter, or tears at appropriate moments, showing appreciation for all performers. Audiences should be attentive and supportive maintaining a safe, supportive environment for the sake of other audience members and performers.
- Treat all students, teachers, HSTF student leaders, staff and faculty with courtesy and respect.
- Do not damage, destroy, deface, steal, or re-arrange any property that does not belong to you.
- The following circumstances are grounds for disqualification of the student and school:
- Disruptive behavior, willful disobedience, persistent profanity or vulgarity, the open and persistent defiance of or abuse of authority, or violating the rights of other students, teachers, HSTF student leaders, Fullerton College staff and faculty.
- Unauthorized entry into, unauthorized use of, or misuse of Fullerton College property.
- Causing or attempting to cause damage to Fullerton College or private property on the college campus.
- Engaging in lewd, indecent, or obscene behavior on Fullerton College property.
- Engaging in expression which is obscene, libelous, or slanderous according to current legal standards, or which so incites students as to create a clear and present danger.
I have read the above Code of Conduct to my students participating in the Fullerton College High School Theatre Festival.
Print name ___________________________ Signature ________________________________
School Name __________________________ Instructors Cell Phone ___________________________
For a pdf version click on Code of Conduct