- Single Shot (medium to tight framing on the face/upper torso) Place the camera at eye level to help you achieve this framing.
- No edits within the performance.
- Sound and visual effects can be added, but will not be considered in the assessment. The student performance should not be edited
- Zoom framing with partners in separate frames, even if performing classes in person. You are permitted to pan out in order to show movement or action.
- No edits within the performances; should be one take.
- Sound and visual effects can be added, but will not be considered in the assessment. The student performance should not be edited.
- Musical Theatre:
- Videos should be filmed in widescreen format with a 3/4 shot (the top of the head to the knees should be visible in the frame). You are permitted to pan out in order to show movement or action.
- You are permitted to record the singing with the music track separately and then edit it into the performance. You are also permitted to add the music track to the performance. No editing of the singing is permitted.
- You may also record the singing directly with the performance video while playing the music track live.
- All performances must have a slate that includes your name, the title/show, school code, and entry number. There should NOT be a separate “slate video”, rather slates are to appear at the beginning of your piece.
- You may record multiple times so that you have more options from which to select than if you performed live.
- Sound effects, visual effects, editing of MT videos with regards to music, composition, framing, lighting, costumes, props, etc. will not be considered in the assessment. The focus of the judges will be the performance.
- Performances will be timed from the start of the first line or action until the last line or action.
- All performance videos should be submitted by 11:59pm on Friday March 5th.
- Videos may be sent in starting February 17th.
- Only one video may be submitted per approved piece.
- All entries must be submitted with an attached Release of Liability Form. Entries will not be judged without a release attached to each entry. (Form will be emailed to teachers)
Please refer to the instructions for submitting entries.
Please Click Below for Instructions on Submitting Entries
Entries must be submitted correctly or may be disqualified!