Helpful Tips for Self Taping
- Don’t forget that you should still have a slate before you begin your performance. There should NOT be a separate “slate” video, rather slates are to appear at the beginning of your piece.
- The proper slate for is to share your name, the title/show, and school code.
- Performances will be timed from the start of the first line or action until the last line or action
- Videos should be filmed in widescreen format with a 3/4 shot. This means the top of the head to the knees should be visible in the frame.
- All performance videos should be submitted by 11:59pm on Friday March 5th.
- Videos may be sent in as soon as the piece has been approved by Festival staff, no later than February 8th.
- Only one video may be submitted per approved piece.
- All submitted videos should be sent to email@example.com and include the school name, school number, entry number, category, and show name in the email subject line.
- All entries must be submitted with an attached Release of Liability Form. Entries will not be judged without a release attached to each entry. (Form will be emailed to teachers)